27 April 2011

Etsy - Where to go for gifts!

Now this post isn't exactly about saving money, it's just about a great website - Etsy.com. If you haven't heard of it, then you are in for a treat. Etsy is a social commerce website focused on handmade or vintage items as well as art and craft supplies. Every experience I've had with Etsy has just been fabulous. Each separate seller has been extremely responsive, helpful and full of creative ideas!

Often, when I'm in need for a gift, I just go on Etsy and type a word in...like "Indiana" and see what I find that matches that theme. It's fun and dangerous, because you will be sucked into a vortex and lose hours of times thinking of all the things you want to buy for yourself, and others!

Here are just a few things I have purchased (all custom orders) and would HIGHLY recommend.


These are amazing old maps that have a heart stitched around any city you want.  I got these as gifts for 3 people...and one for myself because it was too cute not to have!

This is a bridsemaid dress that was custom ordered to our measurements (we didn't get the petticoat).  It fits me like a glove, Diane was amazingly helpful and the price is great!

I had to wait to add this - as it was for a gift for my bff - to accompany Wicked Tickets.  Very cool, and they sent me two corresponding envelopes to match - black and green.

Carri was also amazing helping me create a custom picture frame for my boss and his family for Christmas.  She came up with all of the ideas (as I am not at all artsy) and made it look beautiful.


You are welcome for just ruining your work day productivity.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...