28 April 2011

Minute to Win It - Championship Details!

I'm sure many of you have been waiting with bated breath to hear about the epic, FIRST ANNUAL, Minute to Win It tournament.  All you really need to know is that it was awesome, and I HIGHLY recommend organizing your own.  It was very easy to set up, with a small amount of supplies, and it gave us a day of fun!

If you are interested, you can find out pretty much all you need to know here: http://www.nbc.com/minute-to-win-it/how-to/

The contestants were: me, my brother (@Grennes_III), Carly (future sis-in-law), my dad, and my brother's best friend, Scotty.  The champion: SCOTTY.  When asked if the 10:00am start time would be ok, his response was "I may or may not be drunk/hungover, but I'm a beast at parlor games when I'm on the sauce".

Game: Go the Distance


Game: Stack Attack

THE CHAMPION (playing Bucket Head).
In Bucket Head, we had to get a bucket on our head, to catch bouncing ping pong balls.  While trying to figure out what we were going to use, one of my brother's suggestions was "duct tape a bucket to your face." Though, I have to give him credit.  Bobby did ALL the set up, and he was the brains behind the whole operation (rules, tie breakers, supplies, you name it).  Big ups.

And HOW does this have to do with saving money?  Well, this is a great, CHEAP, way to spend some time with family and friends and have a blast.  Good wholesome fun.  

And to wrap it up, a final thought from the Champion
When asked if Scotty was pumped up..."Real excited. I've been dreaming about this moment all my life."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...