02 April 2011

My Laziness > My Frugality

Lest you think that I only buy things on sale, think again.  While I'm usually very frugal and go out of my way to save money, it doesn't always happen that way.  If you don't know me well, I'm also very lazy.  And if I'm hangry (hungry + angry), there's very small chance I'm getting in the car, driving to the grocery store, etc.  

Luckily, I have another option. The other night I had some guacamole (FREE from my recent Harris Teeter trip! ) that was about to expire, and no chips (a rarity in my house).  So I went to the store on our street, Adam's Market.


Now, "Adam" is smart.  They have a huge up-charge on their items, due to the fact that they are so close and convenient.  So when you are cooking and need one ingredient, they know you are going to just pop across the street.  So smart.  


I got some chips for $3.99 - which isn't a great deal at all.  Usually you can get them for $2.50 on sale.


The moral of this story is, it's OK not to get great deals all of the time. And no one is perfect, not even the coupon gurus all over the web.  90% of the time, I work really hard to save money BUT when I am lazy, or want to buy something more expensive, I feel great thinking "hey, this is why it's so great that I saved x amount of dollars last week!"  So I'm going to continue working hard to save money...as I know I'll be hitting up Adam's again soon... for more chips.
(I have been known to consume a whole bag of Lime Tostitos for dinner)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...