15 April 2011

Free stuff from...TWITTER? (And my love of The Hunger Games)

Yesterday I spent 7 glorious (?) hours doing nothing/sitting at Jury Duty.  I had such high hopes for yesterday.  I thought, I will either get let out and spend the day sitting on my couch watching 8 episodes of Friday Night Lights  being productive, or I will get to finally experience being on a jury and in courtroom.  I'm 28, and have NEVER been called for Jury Duty before.  Are they anti-gingers?

But 'twas not to be.  So I sat there for 7 hours, with my beloved Kindle and finished my book club book and then started AND finished a whole other book.

As a HUGE fan of The Hunger Games, a friend of mine recommended The Long Walk.  It was really good, and made me cheesily/embarrassingly type in an email to this friend "this book made me happy to be alive."  So if you like The Hunger Games, I would definitely recommend it.  And if you don't know what The Hunger Games is...tsk tsk.

And here is where I tell you about the awesome power of Twitter.  I resisted for a long time, but then I fell in love with it and am never looking back.  Follow me on Twitter HERE! 
So here is just a SMALL example of how even Twitter can save you money and get you FREE things.  One of my favorite tweeters, Down With the Capitol,  was running a contest to win a Box Set of The Hunger Games Trilogy, and all you had to do was "re-tweet." (for any Twitter newbies, basically that just means copy and pasting).  Long story short, I did it and I WON.  And I have already lent this to 3 different people who have all loved the books!  

But just that simple thing on Twitter was an awesome, EASY, way to get something (that I wanted!) for FREE.  So if you haven't already, you should join Twitter (it's also FREE and Easy - HOOT!).  I will post soon about different people I recommend to follow that will give you awesome tips for saving money, coupons, free stuff etc!

Also, for any of you out there (who know me and see me), just ask and you can borrow this whole set, and fall in love with the books like I did.  
And if I don't know you yet (sad), never fear, you can buy them here: Hunger Games Trilogy Boxset.  And remember, you can always use some of that Amazon $$ you have collected through Swagbucks to buy them!

Hoot hoot - Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...